HST students must complete the following MIT Employment and Payroll forms prior to receiving a Fellowship, Research Assistantship, or Teaching Assistantship.
1. MIT Inventions and Proprietary Information Agreement Form
- Please give signed form to Laurie Ward, E25-518. These forms are filed with the MIT Technology & Licensing Office (TLO). Students complete this form once upon entering HST. All future RA and/or fellowships reference this agreement.
2. Tax Withholding - go to https://atlas.mit.edu/, select About Me and Money Matters links (MIT web and personal certificates required) to provide your tax withholding/deductions.
3. Direct Deposit - go to https://atlas.mit.edu/, select About Me and Money Matters links (MIT web and personal certificates required) to provide your bank account and routing information for automatic deposit for your monthly stipend.
4. Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9)
Students complete this form and bring it to MIT Welcome Center (W20-021H, lower level MIT Stratton Student Center, 84 Mass Avenue), along with original employment verification documents listed on the last page of the I-9.
The most common documents provided are:
An unexpired US or foreign passport, OR
A state driver's license AND social security card or birth certificate
Please notify Laurie Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as the form has been completed to ensure timely processing of your student funding.