HST students must complete the following MIT Employment and Payroll forms prior to receiving a Fellowship, Research Assistantship, or Teaching Assistantship.
1. Tax Withholding - using MIT web and personal certificates, please go to https://atlas.mit.edu/atlas/Home.action#my_account_3 to provide your tax withholding/deductions.
2. Direct Deposit - using MIT web and personal certificates, please go to https://atlas.mit.edu/atlas/Home.action#my_account_3 to provide your bank account and routing information for automatic deposit for your monthly stipend.
3. MIT Inventions and Proprietary Information Agreement Form
- Please give signed form to Laurie Ward, E25-518. These forms are filed with the MIT Technology & Licensing Office (TLO). Students complete this form once upon entering HST. All future RA and/or fellowships reference this agreement.
4. Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9)
Students complete this form and bring it to MIT Student Employment (Rm. 11-120), along with original employment verification documents listed on the last page of the I-9.
The most common documents provided are:
An unexpired US or foreign passport, OR
A state driver's license AND social security card
Please notify Laurie Ward, firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as the form has been completed to ensure timely processing of your student funding.