Save the Date - May 24, 2023, 10am-1pm
Information for Graduates
Congratulations! We are all very proud of you and look forward to seeing you on May 24. The following is important information for RSVPing, what to wear, where to go, and what to expect:
1. RSVP by Friday, April 28. (Even if you cannot attend, please complete the RSVP)
2. Please arrive at 10:00 am at the Media Lab, Building E14, 6th floor on the MIT campus on May 24. A class picture will be taken around 10:15 am. Our celebration program begins at 10:30 am. Graduates will have reserved seating in alphabetical order at the front of the hall. The program includes remarks by the Directors, other dignitaries, the student speaker and distribution of gifts to each candidate. The formal program will be followed by a reception.
3. Information about caps, gowns, and hoods:
Caps, gowns, and hoods are not expected at the HST Graduation Celebration.
Please see details about regalia under section on Harvard and MIT Commencement Details
4. Paper tickets are not used for HST's Graduation Celebration. Simply check in at the Registration table on the 6th floor of the Media Lab Building E14 on HST Graduation Day; your names will be on the RSVP list.
Information for Faculty, Students (non-graduating), Staff, Alumni and Friends
1. RSVP by Friday May 12
graduating students do not need to fill out this form, but see information in "Information for Graduates" section
2. Please arrive by 10:15am at the Media Lab, Building E14, 6th floor, on the MIT campus. The formal part of our program begins at 10:30 am.
The graduation exercises include remarks by the Directors, other dignitaries, and the student speaker, as well as the distribution of gifts to each candidate. The graduation program will run until 11:30 am and is followed by a reception.
3. There is no procession. Regalia is not expected.
Wednesday, May 24, 2023:
- 10:00am Graduating students arrive
- 10:15am Graduating students' group picture
- 10:30am Program
- faculty and student comments
- recognition of each graduate
- address from the HST Alumni Association
- ~11:30am Reception
Directions and Parking
Building E14-6th floor (Map)
Corner of Amherst and Carleton Streets
By Public Transportation
Take the #1, CT1 or MASCO shuttle bus to 77 Massachusetts Ave. Proceed East on Massachusetts Ave. to the intersection of Memorial Drive. Turn East on Memorial Drive and walk to Ames Street. Turn left. Building E14 is at the next intersection, on your right. The entrance is at the corner of Amherst and Carleton Streets.
The Media Lab is also accessible by the Red Line or CT2. Get off at Kendall Square/MIT. Proceed down Carleton St. to Amherst St. The entrance to Media Lab Building E14 is at this intersection on your right.
For more information visit http://www.mbta.com
The MIT Parking Office has information on Public/Visitor Parking in the area.
Harvard and MIT Commencement Details
Harvard Medical School
Thursday, May 25, 2023
HMS Commencement page
Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
Thursday, May 25, 2023
GSAS Commencement page
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, May 31-June 2 *
MIT Commencement page
*MIT School of Engineering Advanced Degrees ceremony
Wednesday, May 31
SoE Advanced Degrees Information
(please note, HST will not hold a reception on 5/31, as our event is 5/24)
For MDs and PhDs, a hood is part of the traditional regalia in addition to cap and gown. The hood is a stole that is formally installed over your head and shoulders; hoods are black and lined with the color or colors of the institution conferring the degree, with velvet trim signifying the subject of your degree.
MD students and Harvard PhDs obtain hoods when renting their caps and gowns at the Harvard Coop.
MIT PhDs will receive their hoods at the Investiture of Doctoral Hoods and Degree Conferral Ceremony on Wednesday, May 31.
COVID Guidelines (2022 info)
HST's Celebration is on the MIT campus, so we will be following Commencement Guidelines posted here: