In accordance with MIT policy regarding Guaranteed Transitional Support, HST is committed to supporting PhD students who wish to change research supervisors or research groups. Students considering such a change should contact laurie [at] (Laurie Ward), HST’s interim Transitional Support Coordinator. Students are also welcome to contact baluch [at] (Suraiya Baluch), Associate Dean for Graduate Advising, who serves as the Transitional Support Coordinator in MIT’s Office of Graduate Education and provides an option for students who want to discuss their transition with someone outside of HST.